A place for creativity and discourse, the Claude Lévi-Strauss Theater hosts performances, concerts, lectures and international conferences each season, providing a meeting place for artists and intellectuals. A vast space for expression for the cultures of the world.
A variety of disciplines come together through the sounds and voices of the world, (song, dance, music, theater, circus, puppetry), merging contemporary styles with thousand-year-old traditions. An opportunity to discover artists from Africa, Asia, Oceania and the Americas, who rarely perform in Europe.
As a forum open to the world, the museum also welcomes intellectuals, artists and scientists of varied backgrounds, for themed lectures at the open university and international conferences.
- Access to the theater is on level JB (via stairs or lift from museum entrance hall)
- For all information: +33 (0)1 56 61 70 00
Lectures at the Université Populaire du quai Branly (Branly Open University) and international conferences are open to everyone, subject to available places.
- at the museum: Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday from 9.30 am to 6 pm; Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 9.30 am to 8 pm
- by telephone on +33 (0)1 56 61 71 72 (Monday to Friday, 9.30 am to 5.00 pm)
- on the Fnac website
- Show tickets give access to the permanent collections and temporary exhibits in the mezzanines.
For all other events, please see the relevant pages on the museum website.